Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Oh to be a kid again...

He He he... Man did I feel like a kid again on Saturday. Took the kiddo's to a birthday party at a roller skating rink. Well, 4 of the 5 decided to skate, so that meant that either me or Mrs. Rocktaxi had to go out with them on the floor. Well, since Mrs. Rocktaxi would have ended up in the hospital, that left me to go. The wild thing? I haven't had a pair of skates on in a minimum of 15 years!!!! All through Junior high and early highschool, I LIVED at the skating rink in my hometown. Heck, EVERYONE lived there! It was the place to be, especially for those who could walk there and were too young to go to a movie theater! I got pretty good and could get around pretty fast. Never had stopping quite down but still had fun.

Well, darn if I didn't strap on some skates yesterday and actually got out there!!! Woo Hoo! Crap that was fun! All told, I'd say I went around the floor maybe 12 times. Actually got up to a good speed a few times! Oh, and the funny part?? I never fell..... on the rink.... the one time I fell?? I was outside the rink, walking around the outside, on the carpet! of course right next to some lady on a cell phone. (I say she pushed me, but...) :)

Me thinks I may need to do that again sometime soon! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home