Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Monday, May 14, 2007

A bump? A tap?

Ok, so after almost a year and a half, I never thought I would ever resurrect this blog. However, after the events of tonight, I HAVE to speak up and speak my mind. I'm trying to get the posted out on the web to every place that I can so that Google will pick it up in searches. So hey, if you are with the news media and want to email me or call me, reply to this and talk to me!

From 6ABC (WPVI): Thirty people suffered injuries after two SEPTA trains bumped on the rails this afternoon. (emphasis mine)

From NBC10: SEPTA officials report 30 injuries, none of them life-threatening, after one northbound regional rail train bumped another at 9th and Vine. One of the trains then backed up almost to the station Market East station in Center City, where a few people with minor injuries got off, NBC 10's Mike Strug reported. (WRONG! We couldn't MOVE)

from CBS3 (KYW): Authorities said the outbound R5 line was struck from behind by the R6 Norristown line after leaving the Market East Station at about 5:15 p.m. Ok, CBS3, you get part of the award tonight. Atleast you got the right trains, just wrong order. The R5 HIT the R6, not the other way around. The R6 was late, but the R5 switched tracks to train 2 instead of track 1 and we then followed the R6 out of Market East.

Oh... and the VERY BEST one...

SEPTA officials say around 5pm, an R6 Norristown train rearended an R5 Doylestown train as the two were headed north in the Market East tunnel under 11th and Filbert Streets. Passengers on the the train tell KYW the R5 hit the R6.

Ok, so in a situation like this, kind of like a parent versus a child... you'd tend to beleive the parent right? Thinking they've got the experience, honesty, trust, etc to know and tell the truth.... so why the freak did Septa officials say an R6 rearended an R5 train and yet the Passengers tell KYW the R5 hit the R6......

Is SEPTA THAT screwed up that they can't tell two of their trains apart from each other??? Ok, it was on the northbound tracks... you've got an R5 with an R6 in front of it. You mean to tell me with all their sofisticated equiptment or hell, even their FREAKING eyes that they couldn't tell the Green R6 train was IN FRONT of the Blue R5 train?????? Um, my 4 year old daughter could have figured that one out!!!!!! Did we hit THAT hard that the signs on the train actually moved and replaced themselves on the boards of the opposite train????

Ok, ok,,, so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt there... but back to the headlines. I'm guessing that the second the news hit the wires, the wires began hitting the bank accounts of NBC, CBS and ABC... why else would they report that two SEPTA trains bumped.... after one northbound regional rail train bumped another.......

um... so when did you last hear that a BUMP injures over 2 dozen people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a freaking CRASH, it was a COLLISION, it was a mangled MESS!!!! A bump doesn't tie up transit systems for 3 hours. A Bump doesn't injure 30 people and send hundreds of others home all frazzled. A Bump doesn't call out 4 major news stations, dozens of ambulences, dozens of police....

This is utterly ridiculous the way it's being reported and I bet that 99% of it is Septa's Damage Control...


UPDATE!!! 9:46pm...

Just as I posted this, I checked 6ABC again to get more info and I'm famous!!! I had emailed them because they were still listing it as an R3 and R6... I emailed to correct them and they posted my comments as part of the story! Now I really wish I would have commented about the "bump" in there!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home