Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Hello my name is.....

In honor of my kids going back to school today for the new year (thank goodness), and a comment that I got the other day (ironically totally unrelated to the post itself) I thought that I should maybe explain a little about this blog and specifically the naming of it.

See, my two most favorite bands out there are Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. Been a huge fan of both since atleast 1985 so going on 20 years now. It flips between who's number one but when life sucks or I'm down, either one of them turned up to 11 on the stereo will bring a smile to my face quick. Bon Jovi definately has the more sentimental vote, and Def Leppard has the rocking vote. When I started this blog back on May 1, I had just re-discovered the Vault greatest hits CD that I've had since the day it came out in 1995. I'm not one usually for Studio CD's especially one that had songs that I've heard 100000 times or more. But for some reason, I was hooked on that CD again for about a month.

I've had the "Rocktaxi" nickname for a while, and when I was thinking of a name, something along those lines kept popping in my head. Almost at that same time, "Rock Rock Till Ya Drop" started playing on the CD. And like fire and ice, it all came together! So that's where the name of my blog came from! I had hoped to talk more about the bands but too much goes on in my life that I never even get the chance!

As you can see from last week, I added the Amazon.com link to Bon Jovi CD's last week. If I can figure it out, I'd like to get a Def Leppard one up too. Both bands are releasing new material in the next few months so there's going to be a lot to talk about. Bon Jovi has a box set coming out in November and as all great bands should do, it's not just rehashing their old CD's in new packages, it's 5 disks of never before heard/seen material. THAT is the way to do a box set!

The Leps have 2 disks rumored to be released in time for Christmas. The first is another Greatest hits and is supposed to be a double CD. HOPEFULLY they won't just release 1/2 of Vault again and toss in extras. For a band that's had 10 CD's out, there is plenty that never made the first greatest hits. Doubling up one or two songs is ok, but anything else is just a waste and a slap in the face to fans. Their other CD to be coming out is rumored to either be the live CD that they've always said they won't do (too much material), a new studio CD, or a studio CD of all covers. that must be the rage these days as Rush just did one too. People usually hate cover CD's but in all honesty, for the die hard fans who bought the Cybernauts CD of the David Bowie covers, they all know how that CD should have sold billions! I still listen to that nearly everyday a year after it was released.

Anyway, damn this is a long post! LOL, to get back on track, I'll try and reference both bands a little more and keep people informed of what's going on with both. Then maybe I'll get more comments and let people know what's happening!

Keep reading and keep rockin! Ha ha... thought that one up all myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home