Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Saturday, May 08, 2004

All we need right now is just a little bit of Soul....

Just got back from my second Philadelphia Soul game this year. They are the new AFL team from Philly that just happens to be owned by Jon Bon Jovi. And since I have always enjoyed the band, it was only natural that I was going to enjoy the football team.

For this being their very first season in the AFL, I think they have been doing pretty good. They are 5-7 and have held their own against other teams that have been around for 10-15 years. I went to my first game about a month ago and was blown away by the quality of the event that was given to the fans. If you've ever been to a minor league baseball game then you know what I'm talking about. There is NEVER a dull moment during the game. During any break, no matter how short, either the cheerleaders :) or the "pep" guys are on the field entertaining the crowd. They toss tee shirts, give out CD's, give away food.... you name it... they do it at AFL games.

So much fun that I decided to take my 7 year old son this week to his first professional sport event. I was a little worried since it was a night game, but he held his own! Towards the end he was a little tired but let me tell you. The minute the game ended and we could go towards the field for autographs, he was first in line!

I think he was even shocked that he could get as close to the players as he did. And when he was shy and THEY came over to him, he was even more shocked! He got atleast 6 player's autographs including the QB and their best players. It's so much nicer than a big NLF game where they don't have any time for you...

Well, this has definately been my biggest post and I could go on for a long time, but I'll end it here. I'll definately revisit this topic soon though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home