Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Time is $$

I am a patient person. Really. Seriously... I lose out on alot of stuff because I"ll just sit around and wait sometimes.

But 2 times now in 24 hours, I have totally lost my patience over little things. Monday I gratiously donated blood at my church for their Red Cross Blood Drive. (10th donation!) The problem is that our church has had a history of bad donations in that wait times can exceed 2 hours. Well, Monday broke that.

I got there at 5:15, 20 minutes before my scheduled time, and it was 6:45 before I actually was placed in a bed. So I get there, the nurse looks at my arm, and turns to the other worker, "Oh, I'm going to take my break now".... I was like "huh??" Ya ain't going to even hook me up first??? well, she didn't. Union rules I guess...

So finally a 7:10, when the other two people who were donating were finished, a different nurse came over and hooked me up. Needless to say she wasn't gentle. Took a good minute for her to get into the vein and when I would squeeze, she'd say, don't, and when I didn't, she said to squeeze... I couldn't win.

50% into the donation, the needle slipped. So they had to re-stick me and find the vein again. Again, she wasn't very gentle.

8PM I walk out of there with my arm practically in a friggen sling it's so bruised and battered. So to make a long story short, I'm not donating there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home