Rock Rock Till Ya Drop!

Just gonna drop some rants when I get the chance!!!

Monday, January 03, 2005

Sweet!!! (AKA Lesson Learned)

Well, I could say that I dropped a band name in that title. But it's kinda been my new favorite word this week. And it's more of a South Park reference than the old glam band at this point, but hey...

Anyway, the lesson learned part comes from me scoring a brand new (I think) free printer yesterday from HP.

Back in the summer I sprung for a new printer when the ink cartridges for our old Lexmark were going to be about $10 short of a whole new printer. So I decided to pick up a brand new one. I'm about 99% sure that I had picked up the extra store warranty knowing that I have 5 kids and the thing wouldn't last more than a week.

Well, it lasted about 3 months. Then of all things, it broke while my daughter was printing a picture of John Kerry for a book report! AAAHHHH!!! Click Here for an explanation of my scream. LOL

Well, the paper totally jammed, and as I was taking it out, I took out a few pieces of the printer with the paper. Oops! Well, the thing sat dead for about 3 months. Yesterday, I decided to take a look at it, but to no avail. Well, hopped to the good ol net and fired up HP Technical Services. And after a nice 10 minute chat with someone probably in India, scored a brand new (I think) replacement printer!!!

Moral of the story? Even if you purchase a store warranty, ALWAYS register the product registration with the manufacturer as well! That's what saved me. I guess I atleast did that part at some point cause the Tech Service dude had my info, and my serial number matched so it all came together! SWEET! :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home